A materiality assessment allows us to identify and prioritize the ESG topics that matter most to our stakeholders and that impact our business. The assessment’s outcomes inform ESG strategies, reporting and disclosure, and stakeholder engagement.
In 2022, we refreshed our material topics by conducting a more thorough materiality assessment and engaged an external global sustainability firm to support us with this process. We reviewed topics identified by peers, ESG standards and frameworks, and ESG ratings organizations. Through our research and discussions, we reviewed several stakeholder groups’ ESG topics of interest.
Through a group exercise with members of the Senior Executive team, we determined the impact of these seven high-priority ESG topics on Osisko’s business:
- Report standards and frameworks (Global Reporting Initiative, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures)
- ESG rating organizations
- Stakeholder interest through desktop research
- Internal Enterprise Risk Assessment criteria
- Osisko Senior Executive team input
- Environment and Sustainability Committee review